Saturday, December 8, 2012

Welcome to My Blog

To anyone who ever said to me, "You oughta be a writer", welcome to my blog.  Here, you'll find photos and video, website links, trivia and anecdotes that previously could only be viewed by a few of the people unfortunate enough to be listed among my email contacts.  Topics will be anything from news features, personal experiences and popular culture that grabs my attention and I think would be interesting to you, too.  I intend to post once a week, probably on Saturday when I have the most time to write and edit, which I hope is often enough to keep you coming back, grab new readers, and keep these posts lively and interesting.

As I start this blog, the media proclaims the world we know will end when George W. Bush-era tax rates expire and send America over a "fiscal cliff".  The Mayans are said to have a looming prediction the world will end on December 21, making next week's entry my second and last post.  Lindsay Lohan appears headed over her own personal cliff with new criminal charges related to an auto crash last June.  Regular gasoline costs an average of $3.95 per gallon in San Diego and admission to the movies is $12.  Top movies at the box office include "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II", "Lincoln" and "Skyfall".  And there are accounts of John McAfee, the anti-virus software mogul and fugitive from justice, that take another twist every day.  It's hard to believe the world was supposed to end like this.

Enjoy this blog.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment